Plataforma Denaria is an association that brings together common interests in the defense of cash and that aims to alert about the risks of limiting cash as a method of payment while highlighting the importance of cash as a cost effective, secure, sustainable, and familiar alternative.
Corporate Members of Plataforma Denaria are: Trablisa, Eurodivisas, Sicpa, Loomis, Giesecke + Devrient, Prosegur Cash, Gunnebo.
Members of the Governing Board are: Javier Rupérez, Alejandro Corominas (Loomis), Miguel Bandrés (Prosegur Cash), José Manuel Salamero (Gunnebo), Miguel Bordoy (Trablisa) y Martín Sarobe (SICPA Spain S.L.U.).
Forman parte del Consejo Asesor: Concha Jiménez (presidenta), Francisco Fonseca, Juan Luis Sánchez Moreno y José Ramón Alonso Lobo.
Main goals of the Platform:
Platform Denaria has the following goals:
- Defend the freedom for consumers and society in general to choose among the different methods and systems of payment.
- Make society aware of the benefits of cash, defend its economic and social function as a method of free and universal payment and as a symbol of individual rights and liberties.
- Promote and defend financial and digital inclusion for all citizens, emphasizing the crucial role of cash, with special attention to vulnerable consumers and depopulation.
- Warn of the necessity of cash as a critical and strategic infrastructure in moments of high impact collective contingencies such as economic or public health crises, cyberattacks or natural disasters.
- Push for a legal framework that establishes the obligation to accept cash, as a guarantee of social inclusion, as a form of payment in emergency situations and as an effective resource in a world of increasing digital dependence and intensification.
Functions and Activities
In order to fulfill these goals, the platform may undertake, among others, the following functions, and activities, listed here for purely informational purposes:
- Institutional relations with the various Public Administration agencies responsible for the financial system, payments, security, depopulation, consumer defense, social protection, and individual rights.
- Institutional relations with groups and members of national and international parliamentary institutions responsible for legislative or regulatory affairs associated with the goals of the association.
- Participation in multiple entities, forums, publications or public or private initiatives related to the aims of the Association.
- Provision of promotional, technical, or analytical services requested by our partners, as well as support in the processing of documents and management of aid and stimulus before the pertinent Public Administrations.
- Establishment of information services, as well as services of an administrative, legal, cooperative, commercial, or technical nature and any other services that may be deemed necessary by the Association.
- Representation and defense of the interests of the partner associations.
- Encourage meetings for the exchange, analysis and debate of items concerning information, legal directives, issues examination and initiatives related to the matters that affect the goals of the Association.
- The Association is a representative and spokesperson for its partners before any person or entity, public administration, or other similar organization in the interest of disseminating their concerns, problems, and aspirations, as well as for the establishment of agreements, collaborations, accords and in general any supplemental service or activity for the fulfillment of its purposes.